Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Subtle Pickup Emails (Part 1)

Quote of the Day: Hear from you. :)

Ok...own up everyone who has used a weak pick up line! Prolly almost everyone. If you haven't you're prolly too shy to do it. Nothing wrong with having done either, it's all in growing up.

Thanks to the Internet, it is now a little easier to send someone we like a "subtle" message. Some do it well but others, like the one below, would have been better off downloading a standard love letter and planting their name on it. This one i got from the net (yes i was looking for a standard love letter *right*).

Comments from the chick in bold, what evil lurks in letter guy in italics, names have been changed so as not to embarass anyone too badly.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hi Justine Henin-Hardenne,

It was really nice being able to catch up with you last night. At least it made all the waiting worth while and my genie was quite happy with me too! Genie? What Genie? Mojo? Hope it didn't get stolen by Dr Evil!

Yeah, when we have a partner, we do have to consider both sides, however I see it more as building the same dream together. In your dreams you mean! Therefore, it is very important to find a partner with the same dream! (not an easy task) Indeed! Or at least design and set the dream together at the beginning! Righto, this is where pen and paper comes in handy. There may be some compromises (but not major ones) along the way Good, how about you compromise by finding someone else to bother?! but it should be worthwhile in the longer term for both sides. I give up, anything so you'll stop emailing me! Relationships is mostly about give & take, caring & sharing and leveraging on each other's strengths Since my letter is a little lame, you should write me a nice one so i can send it back to you. so that 1+1 = 3! Right, here are two $50 bills, I expect 3 back, and i hope you weren't refering to us having a miniyou to get the 3rd Hope this is not too much, I can just go on and on and on....... :P Please Don't!

So........I noticed Paris is quite interested in you! (sorry if I'm too direct). Tell me it isn't so, Arghhh! If saying "Yes" means you'll stop hassling me, then YES! If there is something "happening" between you guys, I hope I didn't interrupt much, did I? I hope i just messed it all up for you two Don't worry about it mate, you couldn't have.

Hmm....the after exams feeling (especially after finishing the whole course) is great! I sure hope you didn't do marketing! Feel like I'm free at last! I quickly grab one of the Korean serial theme songs (Winter Sonata) and turn up the volume! Goodness, please lose yourself in it!

Hear from you. :) Soon i hope Not anytime soon mate

Jiken

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now that was pretty mean, but you have to admit, it is mails like these that would bring tears of joy/frustration/laughter on a boring work day. Personally, I have to hand it to this guy, i neither have the guts nor the originality to come up with such a piece and/or send it. If you don't try you'll never know, but then again, he'll prolly never know anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home