Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Quebec Day One

Quote of the Day: Come this way please.

Those of you that have been keeping up with my life will know that i am now in Quebec on holiday. But it seems that Canada and I are just not meant to be.

Grab yo pringles and start my whinging!

Plane ride was pretty good....on a small plane though.

It was only after landing that the drama began. Immigration was manned by ONE guy even though there were some 6 or 7 counters for them to use. No more than 20 people arrived on my flight anyway, so it was pretty fast except that when it got to my turn, i was deemed suspicious enough to have to go for an interview! No they did not have rubber gloves in the interview room! But i had to wait for this other guy that was being interviewed before me. And he took a full 45 minutes!

Finally it was my turn and the interviewer had no idea why the immigration officer referred me to her in the first place. Didnèt hurt that the interviewer was quite pretty! lol...how could i be thinking of something like that at a time like this. Anyway, was on my way soon enough.

Taxi ride was boring! Just when you want a talkative taxi driver, you get a surly fellow who talked on his mobile all through the trip!

By the time i had gotten to the hotel, i was a little tired and disgruntled but more was to come. Turns out that the online booking we made with my dadès credit card was only to guarantee the booking and did not actually pay for it. I still had to pay for it and while i was carrying enough cash for that, i did not want to pay for it and be left with a few cents. Luckily i brought my dadès atm card thing, or so i thought. With a map and the nearesr atm marked out, i found it with little difficulty but for some reason, it kept saying the PIN i entered was wrong! Two tries and i stopped, didnèt need top have it gobbled! Finally went back to the hotel again to tell the guy that i could not draw the money and we had to try and work something else out. All this while, my momès wonderful mobile phone was running out of battery. yes yes, i am a real worrier!

Finally my parents bailed me out, as usual i might add, by calling them and telling them that they would fax the credit card details and authorization letter over the next morning. pheewwwww...had to pay for one nightès accomodation first of course. Straight to bed till 10 something at night, woke up starving!! Luckily there is a pizza place here that opens till 2am. C$4 for a pizza and drink! pretty darn good:)

Not too bad, was told that there is a 24 hour internet cafe around the corner, which is where i am now.

Letès hope today will be better :)

Later peeps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home