Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Heady Days of Uni (Part 3)

Dunno about you guys, but i just HATE presenting! Reading straight off a sheet of paper word for word is hard enough, but having to remember stuff to say?!? My god.

Still remember the first prezzie i had to do in front of my class. It was an Org. Behaviour class with Ian Firns as lecturer. Anyway, after doing the Briggs-Myers test thing, i found myself to be the type that lives on short deadlines. IE. Last minute work only! Back to pressies. I had to present this lousy piece of work we did last minute and didn't even have time to practice once! Armed with a vague idea of what the 24 slides were about, i proceeded to wing it in front of a class of 25 working professionals. LOL

I was sweating so profusely, i could feel it all flowing down my face and the defining moment came when a drop fell of my chin and landed on my shoe! It all happened in slow motion...first i felt it leave my chin...so i saw the drop getting smaller as it fell...then finally landed on my right shoe with a splash...felt like i could even see the little droplets from the splash...like some Matrix'ish moment that got frozen in time. I'm sure everyone in the class saw that wonderful moment too. And it didn't help that one of them was constantly whispering to the person next to her, no doubt pointing out how nervous i was! Grrrr After that, i just clicked the mouse tickertape timer speed to finish the slides :P

By the time it was all over, my shirt had changed from a light blue to a dark sweaty blue, despite the cold cold air con. i also never felt as relieved before. Anyway, classmates were all good and i got a nice round of applause and words of encouragement. Didn't remember any of that till i stumbled back into the safety of my room at home :P

1 Comments:

Blogger ThE$pi@N said...

Hahahahaaa.. so mama drama huh?? Hahahaa

Bet u think that i stopped coming to our blog, right? Well, guess what?! U are wrong! heehee...

Miss you lots...

6:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home