Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Mama Mia! Comprain and Comprain....

Went to catch Mama Mia today and it was pretty good. Nostalgia at so many levels. The ABBA songs for one even though it really wasn't my era, and then their Aussie accent.

The crowd pleasers were the familiar songs mostly. Dancing Queen especially and it was full of energy and GREAT! Until some girl in the row behind me decided that she could sing as well as them...NOT.

Before that, we had dinner at this Japanese restaurant at Esplanade. Something or other Ichiban (number one)...

Errr... not quite a reckon. My teriyaki chook was not bad, but Polly's chook dish, with egg on rice (can't for the life of me remember what it's called!) was pretty tasteless.

Also, the guy serving us was new, as he kept reminding us, so he had to find out that ice cubes were only allowed to be served IF we ordered soft drinks. "What DUH?!", i hear you ask. Food took ages to arrive too! Man, the last couple of places i've eaten at have bombed!

Think ah, Maccas and BK still the best lah. Cheap, no nonsense.

Even KFC not so reliable already. The gap between what's shown on their advertising boards and what's actually served seems to have been widening. I finally had enough when i opened my "Ultimate Combo" or whatever you call it and discovered that they gave me 5 little pathetic lumps of popcorn chicken. Didn't even cover the bottom of the container properly when the boarding at the counter showed a cup brimming with it. I took it back and told the auntie that it wasn't full when the board showed a full container.

Somehow she managed to hear "the board shows 24 pieces" and proceeded to act incredulous. WTF, I was just as incredulous, at her deafness and/or blindness. Have a feeling she meant it to be a joke but i wasn't laughing. She eventually filled it for me. This diabolical stunt that they tried to pull on me has happened to me in Perth too. When they gave me a half empty box of potato ball things. And it was drive through somemore. Thankfully there was easy parking so i just parked and walked in with the inadequately filled box of mashies. When other customers saw me remonstrating with the manager, two others who ordered the same at the counter immediately opened their boxes and demanded KFC fill it.

J, who is not from around here, reckons that we Singaporeans complain too much and she's prolly right. Most of us Singaporeans know it too but heck, when it comes to food, there's no messing around man. Doubt that CASE will be approaching KFC to have them rectify their ads but if enough of us keep a vigilant watch for our own interests, our disruptive remonstrations at food outlets for shoddy service will improve things.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home