Wednesday, September 15, 2004

You Light Up My Life

One too many bulbs had died at home and i just had to go get replacements. Decided on the white light type by Philips. Those that look brains! You know, the curled and gnarly stuff.
Bah, just look at the picture.



Anyway, I just took a numeracy test for a StanChart position and got an end result that said something like "in competition with others, you didn't make it!" Then 5 seconds later, the bulb in my room blew. What timing. Exactly like my non functioning brain, as far as ratios and exchange rates go. A bit too rusty i reckon, but i'll still blame it on my unfamiliarity with my sister's calculator. It's a timed test see, and i think the people who are really smart and made for that kinda position wouldn't need calculators to tell them the answers. Being the kiasu Singaoprean that i am, i plugged in all the MCQ answers to try...duh..."1 minute left" in a 21 question test. I had 6 questions left. Thankfully it's an online test.

Now that i have my new gnarly, brainy, ultra power lightbulb, i'm gonna sign up with and have another crack at it. This time, i will see the light (cough cough, gag).

On another topic, have met new friends and old friends alike who have brightened my life here considerably, but one above all. More details in the future i daresay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home